Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chocolate Banana Dream Smoothie!

Ladies and gents...I loooove chocolate...and I know I'm not alone here. I don't eat a whole lot of it from day to day, but I do thoroughly enjoy it when I do, and sometimes it's just what a girl needs to start the day off right!

The type of chocolate I like to use is raw organic cacao, from the Cacao Theobroma plant. This sugar-free form is still considered a stimulant, but carries many health-full properties as opposed to a eating a processed, sugar-loaded (and dairy-loaded) candy bar. You can purchase the whole beans or you can get raw cacao in powdered form from many health food stores.

With that in mind (and the fact that I had very little other smoothie ingredients in my house the other morning) I created this delicious (not to mention euphoric & antioxidant) smoothie which rocked my craving for something sweet! I hope you enjoy it!

This recipe can be altered depending on your tastes, but it's a starting point for something magnificent!

~Chocolate-Banana Dream~

2-3 C. Almond Milk
2-3 Heaping T Raw Cacao Powder
Dash of Vanilla
1-1.5 Bananas
3-4 Dates (soaked overnight)
Handful of Raw Cashews (soaked overnight)

Easy, easy...just add these ingredients to your blender, and blend until smooth! If there is anyone else around when you make it, you might want to share...as this delicious treat is something to get jealous over! :) Yum yum!! 

Happy blending! Have a magnificent weekend! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment